Learn how to skate at TKA!
Welcome to Tony Kent Arena Skating School, a Learn to Skate USA accredited program that is designed by US Figure Skating and US Hockey. Designed to give skaters a strong foundation in basic skills, this is perfect for any student 4 through adult. Classes are available year round, allowing busy athletes to join when possible for them.
CLASS & EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS:
Bike/hockey helmets and gloves are required in order to participate. Please wear layered clothing, and thinner socks are recommended in order for skates to fit properly. Only single bladed skates are allowed, and beginner skaters should wear figure skates to learn the basics. Rental skates are no charge for all Tony Kent programs, and help is available for choosing the correct size. It is best to start with the shoe size of the skater, as skates should fit snugly on the feet. Milk crates or other aides are not allowed on the ice at anytime unless provided and supervised by the instructor.
ONLY REGISTERED SKATERS WITH SKATES ARE ALLOWED ON THE ICE SURFACE. PLEASE DO NOT STEP OUT ONTO THE ICE FOR ANY REASON, ESPECIALLY WITHOUT SKATES.
- Class numbers range from 8 – 12 students per class with a certified adult coach.
- Class is 30 minutes with a 20 minute supervised practice session. Please be on time.
- Practice is important, please be sure to stay on practice every week to insure your future progress.
- Name badges are provided for each student on the first day of classes.
- All students are evaluated weekly and advanced to the next level of curriculum when warranted.
- No make-ups are allowed. Students with a medical note will be excused.