SKATE WITH US – GROUP LESSONS INFORMATION
Learn how to skate in a group class
Welcome to Tony Kent Skating School. Our excellence in teaching skating technique for all styles of skating is backed by our outstanding staff of certified and experienced coaches.
Our Learn to Skate (LTS) program is designed for recreational, figure skating & hockey skating technique for ages 4 – adult. Classes are available year-round including summer in 6 – 7 week sessions continuously throughout the year. Students are placed according to their ability first, then by age. Registration required prior to start of classes; we do not accept registrations on the starting day of classes. You may register via phone with your MC/VISA Monday – Thursday from 10:00 PM – 5:00 PM. Please call 508-760-2400. See downloadable registration form on right for schedule information.
Program fee and $15.00 yearly (non-refundable) registration fee are due at signing. Checks payable to TONY KENT ARENA. Once you have registered your name will be placed on our mailing list for all future classes.
PARENTS, SIBLINGS, OBSERVERS MUST REMAIN IN THE BLEACHERS OR LOBBY DURING THE CLASS AND PRACTICE SESSION. PLEASE DO NOT STAND AROUND THE GLASS OR IN THE DOORWAY TO THE ICE ANYTIME DURING THIS PROGRAM.
It is important for us to have your skaters undivided attention at all times.
CLASS & EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS:
“Bike/hockey helmets, gloves and hats. Wear layered clothing, tights for girls, and light nylon socks for boys in the skates. ONLY SINGLE BLADED SKATES. Beginner skaters should wear figure skates to learn the basics. ” Rental skates are no charge for all Tony Kent programs. Stay exactly with your shoe size, DO NOT wear skates that are too big. Please place the skates, with LACES TUCKED IN, back into the rental booth where you got them from. This will assist us in keeping the skates at no charge. RENTAL SKATES ARE NEVER TO BE TAKEN OUT OF THE ARENA. Milk crates or other apparatus ARE NOT ALLOWED on the ice at anytime unless provided and supervised by the instructor.
ONLY REGISTERED SKATERS WITH SKATES ARE ALLOWED ON THE ICE SURFACE. PLEASE DO NOT STEP OUT ONTO THE ICE FOR ANY REASON, ESPECIALLY WITHOUT SKATES.
- Class numbers range from 8 – 12 students per class with a certified adult coach and assistant.
- Class is 30 minutes with a 25 minute supervised practice session. Please be on time.
- Practice is important, please be sure to stay on practice every week to insure your future progress.
- Name badges are provided for each student on the first day of classes. PLEASE WEAR YOUR NAME BADGE EACH WEEK AS IT PROVIDES YOUR CLASS (C) – PRACTICE (P) TIME.
- THE COLOR DOT DENOTES YOUR COACH NOT YOUR LEVEL.
- All students are evaluated weekly and advanced to the next level of curriculum when warranted.
- NO MAKE-UPS ARE ALLOWED. MEDICAL NOTE REQUIRED FOR CREDITS.
IF YOU SHOULD REQUIRE FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CALL YVONNE AT 508-760-2400
2018 Spring Session L2S: March 24, 2018 – April 28, 2018 | Saturdays: 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM – [5 weeks]
Download 2018 Spring Session – Learn to Skate Registration